Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Ring to Necklace Refashion


So my boyfriend bought me this dragonfly ring and gave it to me over the weekend. It's huge. Like, this thing could be a weapon if someone decided to jump me in the middle of the night while I was walking to go get ice cream. Like serious potential danger. Especially to myself...since I'm a huge clutz. It's super pretty though and I wanted to wear it since he gave it to me and all. 

Sparkily!!! :)
So I asked him if he would be horribly offended if I made it into a necklace. I think he realized how big it was after trying to hold my hand with it on...hahaha he said it was totally cool. Soooooo....yay!

So the band was like this:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/HHHdesigns
Honestly, not the most comfortable thing I've ever worn around my finger. But that will soon change!!! :)

So my first attempt at this was to take a chunk of aluminum that my roomie makes necklaces out of for an at-home business and glue the dragonfly it on that.
She's kinda awesome like that...(That's her missionary btw...so cute!!)
Anyway...this is how it turned out when I tried to glue the dragonfly to the aluminum with E-600 glue...
It dried all night and them promptly came off. Ugh.
So I came up with a new plan and used some of my roomie's jump rings to connect an old chain from a necklace I never wear anymore.

And Wall-ahh!!
I actually like it better this way...

MUCH easier to wear more often. :) And not dangerous to my health. hahaha! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave you delightful comments here! :D